Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Exam Season

I have more thoughts on Italy, especially Rome, but I it's exam season and my first one is tomorrow. So, just quickly, I will remind you all what it's like to take one test at the end of the semester for your entire grade.

Last night I had a series of dreams in the genre of "can't find the exam room" or "the test is written in Spanish yet everyone else is writing furiously" (I actually had the latter the night before the LSAT). One was, I had spent a week in Italy but never had a shower with any water coming out, and getting up and getting ready for the exam was beset with no hot water, roommates using the bathroom, and other roadblocks to getting out of the house. The other one I had to prepare an exam for others to take, and not only had I not done that, I further had not made arrangements to move an exam I was supposed to take at the same time.

You can laugh at it when you wake up, then this happens: this afternoon I sit down with what I thought was an empty notebook for the purpose of taking some practice exams. But when I open up the notebook, it's got a week and half's worth of notes from the beginning of the semester. Some from each topic. I assure you, I was completely awake. How the feck could I miss this when making my outlines? So I have essentially not studied the first two weeks of classes and exams start tomorrow! In sheer panic I grab all my other notebooks and start comparing.

It appears that early on I hadn't been to the bookstore yet and kept them all in one. BUT, I had actually copied all of these notes over to my new notebooks when I did get around to buying them. I have no memory of this. At any rate, crisis averted - and you thought I was just getting knackered over here.

1 Comments:

At 3:28 PM, Blogger from behind the bar said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home